In this lesson, you're going finally get an explanation of what these 251s are all about (just in case you didn't already know!).
The major 251 is found extensively throughout jazz. It uses chord 2, chord 5 and chord 1 to create a lovely sounding chord progression. If you learn this in all 12 keys you'll find that learning jazz standards becomes a whole lot easier!
- Overview of what the 251 progression is and why it's so important
- Step-by-step walkthrough of how to construct the progression
- Learn about the 2 common ways of playing it
- Turn the chords into rootless voicings
- Go over the progression in a few different keys