It's that time of the month... Episode 7 of Chord of the Month!
In this lesson, you're going to learn how to play a big, open, cluster voicing for a minor chord. The chord itself would be called a minor 11, but you can pretty much substitute any minor chord with this.
I actually came up with this voicing whilst transcribing the intro to Kenny Barron's 'Alter Ego'. The mix of open and sparse combined with the dense, cluster creates an unbelievably rich harmony.
This voicing will come in handy very frequently in a jazz context, but you could use it for anything including neo-soul, r&b... even pop!
- Intro & demonstration of the chord
- Step-by-step breakdown of the voicing
- Learn a method to help remember the chord
- Quick run-through in a couple of different keys
- See the chord being used in context