It's that time of the month... Episode 6 of Chord of the Month!
In this lesson, you're going to learn how to play a voicing for a 'dominant 13(#11)' chord. This chord is great for building up tension and you can substitute any dominant 7 chord with it.
It uses an upper structure triad, which is a really cool trick to use in jazz - used extensively by players such as Bill Evans.
- Intro & demonstration of the chord
- Step-by-step breakdown of the voicing
- Learn a little trick to help remember the chord
- See the chord being used in context
- Quick run-through in a couple of different keys