It's that time of the month... Episode 4 of Chord of the Month!
In this episode, we look at how to play another one of my favourite piano voicings - a 'minor 11'.
This voicing provides a really interesting sound and it's so easy to remember in all 12 keys. The shortcut is to find the 5th, play a minor 7 chord from here and then put the root note in the bass.
It's a very versatile chord that can be used in many different situations. Try experimenting with using it as a substitution for other minor chords in chord progressions you are already familiar with.
- Intro & demonstration of the chord
- Step-by-step breakdown of the voicing
- Learn a helpful trick to help remember the chord
- Quick run-through in a couple of different keys
- See the chord being used in context